Are you looking for an affordable breast pump that doesn’t skimp out on features like multiple pumping styles? Here’s a Lansinoh SignaturePro double electric breast pump review.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll be compensated at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More info here.
What is the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump?
The Lansinoh Signature Pro is a lightweight double electric breast pump that offers multiple pumping styles, suction levels, and modes, creating a customized breast pumping journey.
Lansinoh breast pump pros:
Below are some of the advantages of the breast pump:
- This pump comes with easy to assemble parts, and it’s user-friendly.
- The price is extremely low for the number of features included with this pump.
- It’s small and light enough to carry around, unlike other some pumps.
- If you use a pumping bra for support, the storage bottles can easily be removed from the flange without taking off the bra. This reduces the risk of spilling milk.
- Having the option to switch between letdown to expression mode is helpful because your milk may not always let down immediately, or you may need a second letdown depending on your milk flow.
- The flanges are made with a soft interior to fit with comfort instead of hard plastic.
- You can use the pump as a single or double breast pump.
- It’s a closed system pump, which means it protects the tubing and motor from being damaged by breast milk.
- It is easy to purchase replacement parts from multiple retailers.
Lansinoh breast pump cons:
Here are some of the disadvantages of the Lansinoh SignaturePro:
- The battery doesn’t last very long, so you’ll need to place it on the charger for multiple pumping sessions.
- The additional parts can be a pain to clean.
- I found when you frequently switch suction levels and pumping styles you have to change the duckbill more often.
- Although it’s both power and battery operated, if you decide to unplug the pump for whatever reason (for example, to go check on your baby), the pump will turn off instead of continuing your session.
- In my experience as someone with oversupply, the pump did not always empty each breast. This sometimes resulted in longer sessions or added sessions to further remove milk.
How do you use the different pump settings?
The Lansinoh breast pump comes with multiple options to adjust to your preferred pumping style. The power button is located in the lower center of the pump.
When you first power on your pump, it’s automatically in letdown mode, which is the breast milk drops button (located on the top left).
To transition into expression mode, you have to press the button with the cycling milk drops (located in the top right).
In this mode, you can switch between three different types of expression styles by pressing the button. Additionally, you can increase or decrease the level of suction in both modes with the + and – buttons.
What’s in the box?
Below is what’s included:
- Breast pump unit
- AC adapter and power cord
- Tote bag
- Nipple, bottle collar and nipple cover
- Two sets of pump parts (25mm breast shields, connectors, bottles, backflow protector diaphragms, diaphragms caps, and duckbills)
- Samples (two breast pads, two milk storage bags, and travel size nipple cream)
Lansinoh breast pump versus Spectra S1
Here’s a comparison chart to give you a side-by-side glance of these two similar pumps.
Cycle Speed Control
Single/ Double Pumping
Both single and double
Both single and double
21mm, 25mm, 28mm, 30.5mm, 36mm
20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 32mm
Two years from date of purchase (90 days on pump parts)
What’s the Lansinoh breast pump bottom line?
The Lansinoh SignaturePro Double Electric Pump is very affordable and convenient. It allows you to customize your pumping experience with different pumping styles and levels of suction.
Although I wouldn’t recommend this to be your sole pump for exclusive pumping, I do believe it’s a great option for someone who pumps occasionally.
Additionally, I think this would be a great option for pumping at work because it’s conveniently small and easily assembled.
Have you used the Lansinoh Signature breast pump? Let us know your review in the comments!