Are you a breastfeeding parent who needs a supportive nursing bra for workouts? Here are complete reviews of four of the best nursing sports bras.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click a link and take action, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More information here.
Why use a nursing sports bra?
Nursing sports bras are a good idea for anyone who exercises or needs additional support when they’re lactating.
Even if you don’t plan to nurse or pump while wearing a sports bra, it’s still a good idea to wear bras that are made for lactating breasts when you’re breastfeeding. Nursing sports bras generally do not have seams or wires in places that could cause a clogged duct or other issues.
Best nursing sports bras
Here are the top nursing sports bras to consider.
Kindred Bravely Sublime
✅ Supportive and comfortable
✅ Wicks sweat away well during workouts
Sweat and Milk Oceane
✅ You can pump hands-free without changing your bra
Playtex Women's Nursing Sports Bra
✅ Contains built-in padding (that isn't excessive)
Sweat and Milk Chloe
✅ Made from very high quality and material
Below is more on these four nursing sports bras, and the pros and cons of each.
1. Kindred Bravely Sublime Nursing Sports Bra
Type: Nursing only
The Kindred Bravely Sublime nursing sports bra is a great option. It’s a racerback bra with removable padding.
- Well-made, soft, and comfortable
- Supportive for exercising
- Comes in busty sizes for larger-chested people
- Wicks sweat away well during workouts
- Easy to put on and not complicated to use
- Can’t be used for hands-free pumping
- You can’t adjust the band size
You can see more of the Sublime in the below stories:
2. Sweat and Milk Oceane
Type: Hands-free pumping
The Sweat and Milk Oceane nursing sports bra allows you to pump hands-free while you’re wearing it! It’s very cute and comes in a few different colors.
- You can pump hands-free without changing your bra
- Ability to adjust the band length
- It’s very supportive and does a good job wicking moisture
- Sweat and Milk has a sizing quiz that can help you get the right size
- It can be a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to put it on since it goes over your head but has an adjustable band
You can see more of the Oceane in the below stories:
3. Playtex Women’s Nursing Sports Bra with Racerback
Type: Nursing only
The Playtex Women’s Nursing Sports Bra is a cost-effective option that’s available on amazon.
- Easy to put on and comfortable
- Contains built-in padding (that isn’t excessive)
- Supportive during all kinds of exercise, including running and HIIT
- Good at wicking moisture away during exercise
- It’s solely a nursing bra and can’t be used for hands-free pumping
- The band size can’t be adjusted
You can see more of the Playtex sports bra in the below stories:
4. Sweat and Milk Chloe
Type: Nursing only
The Sweat and Milk Chloe nursing sports bra is a high quality nursing-only option.
- Made from very high quality and material
- Ability to adjust band size
- Supportive for high-impact exercise
- You can’t adjust the shoulder strap length
- There can be a bit of a learning curve in putting it on
You can see more of the Chloe sports bra in the below stories:
What should you consider when buying a nursing sports bra?
Here are a couple of things to think about when deciding which bra is best for you.
- Do you want to pump with it? If you do, the Sweat and Milk Oceane bra is a good choice, since it has the hands-free pumping setup built in. If you don’t think you’d pump while wearing it, a regular nursing sports bra may be more cost-effective.
- Do you want an adjustable band? The Kindred Bravely Sublime and Playtex sports bras do not have an adjustable band, while the Sweat and Milk ones do. The adjustable band allows you to customize your size but can be more complicated to put on.
- How much support do you need? The Sweat and Milk bras have different levels of support – High Impact, Medium Impact, and Light Impact.
Hopefully this helps you choose the best nursing sports bra for you! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.