M&M cookies are my favorite – so what could be better than M&M cookies that make you more breast milk? This chocolate chip and M&M lactation cookie recipe has three galactagogues – brewer’s yeast, flaxseed, and oatmeal – along with plenty of chocolate to make them taste delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll be compensated at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More info here.
These cookies are really easy to make! Here are a few common questions.
Can you substitute a different kind of oats?
Yes. Rolled, old-fashioned, or quick cooking oats will work fine.
Steel cut oats have a different nutritional profile and texture. If you try this recipe with steel cut oats, let me know how it goes!
Where can I get brewer’s yeast?
The easiest way to get brewer’s yeast is from amazon.
You can also make it without brewer’s yeast. You can substitute 1/3 cup of flour for the 1/3 cup of brewer’s yeast.
Can you use all chocolate chips or all M&Ms?
Yes, you just want 2 cups of chocolate chips or M&Ms, or some combination thereof.
I have made these with both baking-sized M&Ms and full size, and I preferred the full-sized ones but either will work.
Can you halve the recipe?
This recipe makes 48 cookies. If you want to halve the recipe, the only issue is that it calls for three eggs – so you can just crack open two in a separate bowl, whisk them, and then pour about 3/4 of the mixture into the mixer.
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes. Freeze them on a baking sheet or flat surface, and then once they are frozen, put them in a plastic bag to store them.
You can see the step-by-step process for making these in the below stories:
I hope you enjoy this chocolate chip lactation cookie recipe!
Chocolate Chip and M&M Lactation Cookies
- 1/4 cup flax seed ground
- 1/4 cup water hot
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brewer's yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats rolled or old fashioned
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add water to ground flax seed, and stir together until mixed. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flax seed mixture, flour, brewer's yeast, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in oats and stir. Once the oats are well combined, add M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
- After removing the baking sheet from the oven, let the cookies rest for several minutes, and move to a wire rack to cool completely.