A good hands-free pumping bra is key to making exclusively pumping or pumping at work manageable! The Pump Strap is a great option – here’s a complete review.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll be compensated at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More info here.
What is the Pump Strap?
The Pump Strap is a “one size fits most” bustier hands-free pumping bra:
It is made of neoprene and nylon, and it’s super stretchy and form-fitting. You can wear it over your nursing bra, or it can be worn on its own.
What are the advantages of using the Pump Strap?
Below are some of the pros of pumping with the Pump Strap:
- Because it’s secured with a velcro strap (rather than a zipper), you can set it to be as tight as you’d like, and it can accommodate changes in your body during the postpartum period without losing grip.
- Most bustiers aren’t really set up for nursing and pumping at the same time, but the Pump Strap has an optional strap that you can wear around your neck to keep it in place for pumping on one side while it’s pushed down on the other for nursing.
- It’s easy to use with pump parts that have a combined connector and breast shield (like the Spectra).
- It’s very well-made, durable, and comes in a bunch of cute colors.
- Because it’s one-size-fits-most, you don’t have to worry about which size you should get. (Lots of bustiers have complicated size charts.)
What are the disadvantages of the Pump Strap?
There are a few cons to consider as well:
- Some pumping bras (like Kindred Bravely) are both a nursing bra and pumping bra, so you don’t have to carry around a separate accessory. However, with this type of pumping bra, you have to buy multiple pumping bras instead of just one.
- The velcro can be a little loud when you take it off, which can be an issue when your baby is sleeping. (Some moms find that they can take the bustier off like a tube top to avoid this.)
Will the Pump Strap work for everyone?
Almost – it fits women sizes XS – XXL, and works with bra sizes A – DD.
If you’re larger than a DD, the Pump Strap can work with a nursing bra (to provide extra support).
Other things to think about
- The Pump Strap is machine washable, but it’s hang dry. If you exclusively pump, it’s a good idea to have at least two pumping bras so that washing them isn’t an issue.
- The Pump Strap comes in a bunch of fun colors. In general, darker pumping bras tend to be better at hiding inevitable breastmilk stains than lighter colors, if this is something that concerns you.
Pump Strap review – what’s the bottom line?
The Pump Strap is a great hands-free pumping bra – it’s well made, easier to use that zipper bustiers, and works for both double pumping and nursing and pumping.
Did I miss anything you like or don’t like about this pumping bra? Let us know your Pump Strap review in the comments!
You can get the Pump Strap on amazon, or you can get 10% off with the code EPUMP if you buy from LaVie!
Leave A Reply!