This healthy lactation granola is an easy and delicious breakfast or snack that’s perfect for breastfeeding mom! It has lots of oats and flaxseed to help you stay energized and boost your milk supply at the same time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll be compensated at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More info here.
When my baby was a newborn, I was hungry all. the. time. I needed to eat something after every pumping session.
If there’s one thing that exclusive pumpers are short on, it’s time. I was pumping and feeding every three hours and trying to get a million things done in between – get the baby to sleep, wash my pump parts, prep bottles, do laundry, take a nap myself. The thing that was lowest on my priority list was sitting down to make and eat a healthy snack.
So I just shoved whatever was available in my mouth. Usually, that was a package or Oreos or something else that was quick and filling, but not very healthy.
This lactation granola recipe is a great solution to this problem! You can make a big batch of it on the weekend or whenever you do have some extra time, and then you have a quick, easy, healthy snack that you can it all week, and it can help boost your milk supply.
After you make this, you can store it in an airtight container. Then, you can eat it plain, with milk, with yogurt, or however you like to eat granola! (And when you’re starving, it will fill you up and do more for your milk supply than a handful of Oreos!)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds slivered, sliced, or chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup hemp harts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots diced
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, almonds, macadamia nuts, ground flax seeds, hemp hearts and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, and maple. Microwave for 15 seconds at a time until the coconut oil has melted. (This can also be done in a small pot on the stove.)
- Add the salt, vanilla, and cinnamon to the oil mixture and stir to combine.
- Combine the oat and oil mixtures and gently stir.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then give it a stir.
- Continue to bake in 10 minute intervals stirring in between until it is a light golden tan color. It will take approximately 2-3 intervals.
- Once granola is cool to the touch, you can add in the cranberries and apricots.
- Store in an airtight container.