- The first few times I made this, I ground up the oats in a blender first, essentially making them oat flour. But one time, I wanted to make brownies and the blender was dirty, so rather than wash it I just used plain oats. The brownies were just as good this way, so I took that extra step out. It works either way, though!
- I did all of my testing with a Ghiradelli mix – the adjustments to the wet ingredients/cook time may need to be different with a different mix.
- If you’d like, you can add chocolate chips, too!
Lactation Brownies (From a Mix!)
These delicious lactation brownies are made with brownie mix and a few extra milk-making ingredients to help you boost your breast milk supply!
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Ghirardelli® brownie mix
- 3/4 cup oats rolled or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup brewer's yeast
- 1 tbsp flax seed ground
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray an 8x8 pan (glass or metal) with cooking spray.
Mix water, oil, and eggs together in a large bowl.
Add brownie mix, oatmeal, brewer's yeast, and flax seed and stir until well mixed. Pour into the pan.
Bake for 37-42 minutes, which will be slightly less than the box will say. You want the edges to be set and the center to lightly spring back to the touch.
Cool for 20-30 minutes.