Are you looking for a hands-free pumping bra to hold up your breast shields? The Larken X is a lightweight and super comfortable integrated nursing and pumping bra. Here’s a complete Larken X review.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click a link and take action, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! More information here.
What is the Larken X?
The Larken X consists of two fabric panels in the front. When you’re using it as a nursing bra, it looks like this:
When you’re ready to pump, the bra holds the pump parts in place by crossing the panels over each other.
On one side, you pull one panel up and the other down, with the breast shield in the middle. Then, on the other side, you reverse that.
The end result is a really comfortable nursing bra that holds up your pump parts. It’s just two pieces of fabric – it doesn’t have any plastic hooks or nipple holes or anything like that.
I also really like the fabric that it’s made with. It’s lightweight, smooth, stretchy, and super comfortable.
What are the pros of the Larken X?
Here are some of the things I like about it:
- It’s an all-in-one bra that you can use for nursing or pumping, so no need for an extra accessory.
- The bra is extremely lightweight, and it’s a great option for warmer temperatures. (I like the Kindred Bravely Sublime, but it’s a heavier bra and wouldn’t be my first choice for summer.)
- It’s comfortable enough to sleep in. (I don’t really like sleeping in bras but I tested it for a few nights and it was fine. It’s probably the only hands-free pumping bra I’ve tried that I wouldn’t mind wearing all night.)
- The design is simple, effective, and easy to use once you get the hang of it.
- You don’t have to worry about your nipples being in the exact place that the bra designer put the holes.
- It holds breast shields up well when weighted down with milk.
What are the cons of the Larken X?
These aren’t really cons, just things to consider:
- It sort of felt a little to me like something in between a tank top and a bra – maybe like a crop top? I’m not a crop top kind of girl, so I kept wanting to tug it down. (This might just be me.)
- Might not be the best choice if you need a hands-free pumping option but already have plenty of nursing bras.
Who is this bra for?
I think the Larken X a great option for anyone who pumps breast milk on a regular basis – working parents, exclusive pumpers, etc.
As I said above, if you already have a bunch of nursing bras and are looking for a pumping bra, an all-in-one option might not make the most sense for you because you’d need to buy more than one. (In that case I would recommend something like the Pump Strap.)
But if you’re looking for an integrated nursing and pumping bra, the Larken X is a great option!
You can get 10% off the Larken X with the code AMANDA10.
Have you tried this hands-free pumping bra? Let us know your Larken review in the comments!